Translate

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Bearing Testimony

Hello everyone,
 
Much has happened since the last blog update.  I have been transferred to the Maryland Heights area.  The blog has been updated with my new address.  My new companion is Elder Hopkins from Highland, Utah.  He is a really nice guy.  He has been out for 9 months.  My new area is nice.  Kind of similar to the Hazelwood area that I was in earlier in my mission.  My new area is only about 20 minutes from the temple.  We don't have a car in this area.  We do a lot of biking, walking, and riding public transportation. 
 

Elder Hopkins
Elder Hopkins and I have been working really hard.  This area is struggling so we are doing all that we can for the people here.  We actually got two new investigators yesterday so we are really excited about that. 
 
I had a cool thing happen to me this week.  I bumped into someone that was in Hazelwood that just moved to this area the other day.  She is a member that has gone less active.  I think God may have put me here to meet up with her again.
 
I can't believe that my mission is almost over.  Only 6 months left.  I realized the other day that this area could be the last area of my mission. 
 
I have a cool story to relate:
 
I just finished reading the Book of Mormon a week ago, and I have been trying to find ways to share testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I found a scripture that stood out to me and started to share that with people.  It is Moroni 10:3-7
 
"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful The Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.  And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.  And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. 
 
 (Below is the part I want to highlight).
 
And whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore, nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he is.  And ye may know that he is, by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever."
 
So the story behind this scripture is yesterday we saw a less active named Sister Miller.  Our lesson was about the importance of the Book of Mormon.  So we had a couple of scriptures that we had shared and a video by Elder Holland called Safety for the Soul. At the very end I decided to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I read this scripture and as I bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon, I began to feel The Spirit testify to me the truth of it.  The Spirit also testified to Sister Miller of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and she committed to read it.  As The Spirit testified through me, both of us began to understand and we rejoiced together.  I really hope that she follows through and takes up that challenge.
 
I love you all and thank you all for your support. 
 
Until next time,
Love
Elder Butler
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment