Translate

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Funny Experiences

Dear Family,

I really like the T-shirts that you sent me for my Birthday.  There are a few people in the mission that have them too. 

How is everyone doing at home?  Are all the kids behaving?

What's going on with Kevin?  I have not heard anything from him and I know that Jessie is back home from her mission.  How is that going? 

So, you know how when missionaries come home and tell you that they had so much fun on their missions, and it all went good?  They are not telling the whole truth!!  It is very hard to be a missionary, and it is something that you should spend two years preparing for!  I wish that I had prepared better for my mission before I left. I think I would have started out my mission a little bit smoother if I had.

Being a missionary is a different experience, definitely, and I am learning a lot.  I'm sorry for keeping everyone in the dark but I don't want you to know how hard it is out here.  Most people just don't want to talk to us, but the ones that do either want to argue, or don't know much about what they are talking about, or both. 

It is actually kind of funny when we get on the bus.  Sometimes, we get drunk people.  One time there was a drunk Jehovah's Witness that came onto the bus and gave us a "What does The Bible Really Teach?" book that was sopping wet. 

One of my first days in Hazelwood, we went to go see an investigator, but when we got to his house he was higher than a kite and he started to just spout out random stuff like "Satan's girlfriend is actually running Hell!" and other really weird stuff like that.  I hope that my stories have given you all a laugh. 

Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment