Translate

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Fight is Real

Hello Everyone.

Sorry I haven't written more lately.  I haven't had a lot to say.  As far as what I am doing, it is very different than what I expected it would be before I left.  I find my self constantly fighting the adversary every step of the way because he does not want me to do what I am doing. He is exerting all the powers that he has to stop me but so far he has been unsuccessful in stopping me from continuing  with The Lord's work.  He has tried to pull so many tricks all ready that I can not count, but most of the time he tries to scare me, telling me that if I go and do the work, he will make life absolutely terrible.  Fairly recently, we were praying and when I looked up, and I could swear that  I saw a demon down the hall. It looked at me and then went into the back bed room. My companion and I blessed our apartment and it is gone but the fight is real and it has been a struggle because Satan doesn't want us to continue and will stop at nothing to make us give up.  But, the work will never stop, not until the sons of  Levi give an offering of righteousness at the last day.

This past week has been a little hard because my first companion Elder Branham is going home, and I will kind of be left here to my own devices because I will have a new companion that won't know anything about the area and I will have to teach him.  Elder Branham and I have had some struggles lately because we are teaching quite a few people, but we are just struggling to get them to keep the commitments they make. 

Life here in Sparta, Illinois is ok.  I'm not used to the humidity.  It saps the life out of you :)  Missionary work is very hard, but that is mostly because I make it hard on myself.  Elder Branham has been a big help to me mostly because he has been so willing to put up with my crap :)

I miss my friends and family.  I miss all of the encouraging and comforting words.  I hope that you all are striving to come closer to Christ.  That you are using His atonement to be changed by Christ and to become a new creature in Him.  For no unclean thing can enter the kingdom of God, but no unchanged thing will want to be with Him.  I want you all to want to be in the presence of God and to be changed by His grace.  I know that I have said a lot of strange things, but I know that these things can help all of you and I want the best for you all because I love you with all my heart. 

Love Elder Butler


No comments:

Post a Comment